Lordswood Medical Group
Patient Participation Group (PPG) – Terms of Reference
The Patient Participation Group (PPG) works in partnership with Lordswood Medical Group to:
· Contribute to the continuous improvement of services and quality of care
· Foster improved communication between the practice and patients
· Provide practical support for the practice and help implement change
· Seek ways to help patients take more responsibility for their health
· Membership will be open to all patients across all practices in the Group: currently Lordswood House Practice, Quinton Family Practice and Selcroft Medical Practice.
· Efforts will be directed to encourage members from a wide range of patients
· There will be a Patient Chair elected by PPG members who will appoint a deputy to stand in when necessary, and who will liaise directly with a designated Practice Representative.
· Elected Patient Representatives will serve for a period of three years and may be re-elected after this period.
· Practice Representatives are expected to be a minimum of one Doctor and the Practice Manager. Others may be invited according to agenda topics.
· All practice staff will be welcome to attend meetings as observers (if not patients.)
Display and circulation of information
· Meeting Agendas, supporting papers and notes of meetings will be distributed by the Patient Chair using email wherever possible.
· Practice administration support will distribute postal invitations to meetings and notes of meetings where email is not feasible
· A section of a notice board will be available to advertise the PPG and meeting details
· The PPG will have a presence on the practice web site to include notification of meetings and notes of meetings. A member of the PPG will be the designated link with the Business Manager for any updates needed on the PPG page of the practice website.
· Meetings will generally be held every three months
· Meeting start times may vary to try to accommodate availability of members and are not expected to last more than two hours and must end by 19.00hrs.
· Additional ad hoc meetings may be held as necessary
· Meetings will be chaired either by the Patient Chair or their deputy.
· Notes of each meeting will be taken by the Practice administration support or a member of the PPG
· Notes will contain action points and a précis of what occurred, putting the action points in context
· PPG meetings will normally be hosted in the Lordswood House Practice building
· In advance of each meeting, and after consultation with members and Practice representatives, an agenda will be prepared by the PPG Chair.
· Standing agenda items will be Matters Arising, New Developments in Clinical Practice, IT Developments, Any Other Business.
The PPG Terms of Reference (ToR) will be reviewed annually.
The PPG is committed to protecting patients’ privacy and will only use information collected lawfully in accordance with the 2018 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Reviewed January 2021
Copyright © 2021 lordswoodppg.com - All Rights Reserved.