A Patient Participation Group (PPG) is a group of patients, carers and GP practice staff who meet to discuss practice issues and patient experience to improve the service.
What can a PPG do?
· Discuss constructive suggestions for improving the practice, and share concerns that could affect the wider practice population.
· Organise health focused events with the practice, i.e. healthy eating awareness as an information event for all practice patients to attend.
· Create a patient survey with practice staff, to get feedback about the practice from the rest of the patient population.
· Produce Newsletters to provide regular updates to patients.
· Assist the practice in making sure their website is ‘Patient Friendly’.
· Engage with the local community via fundraising events and useful health information, to ensure the PPG is representative.
· Invite health and voluntary professionals to PPG meetings, for PPG members to remain informed and updated about local opportunities for patients.
What the PPG doesn't do...
PPG patient members cannot provide any medical advice, or deal with personal/medical issues or individual patient complaints during the meeting. There are established procedures for providing feedback and making complaints to the Practice using the Feedback Form in the Contact Us section of the Practice website.
PPG patient members are volunteers from all 3 Lordswood Medical Group Practices. Any patient of the practices and their carers are eligible to join and will be welcomed.
If you want to have your say but don't want to join you can email your ideas to the PPG (details on Contact Us page).
Please note that the PPG cannot offer any medical advice and does not handle individual complaints - these should be addressed to the Practice using the Feedback form on the Contact Us section of the official practice website.
The PPG welcomes new members! Normally, meetings with the Practice are held quarterly. However, in the current pandemic this has not been possible and from time to time the PPG Working Group has met with the Practice Manager and one or two of the Partners using Zoom.
If you can't commit to every meeting, that's fine, we would still encourage you to join!
You can join the PPG by email using the link below and we aim to reply within 7 days. Alternatively you can use the link on the Practice website or send us a letter via the Practice if you do not want to use email. There is a PPG Post Box in the Reception area of each practice.
If you don't want to commit to meetings but would like to be informed about what is happening please let us know! The more patients input and feedback we receive, the more able we are to represent patients' views. Please spread the word and encourge others to get involved too!
Patient participation is important
Copyright © 2021 lordswoodppg.com - All Rights Reserved.